Saturday, November 10, 2007

Blog starter

* * * *
Favorite part of today other than flirting with my Sweetie: Making strawberry-cranberry cobbler for a potluck, and shredding the cranberries with my lovely little food processor instead of chopping and slicing by hand. Whirrr!

* * * *

I often start a blog post by looking at what I have written before. I even have bits of thoughts and writings that float around in an unfinished, sometimes barely started, state.

It's rather like bread starter. Take a bit of yeast and let it warm and sit and fluff up. Take a piece, and viola! A new batch for bread! My blog starter is much the same. Bits of older posts or snippets of ideas, random thoughts, half-written things... I have to let them sit and fluff up, and sometimes I get inspiration from some of it, and viola! Another post!

It's a good thing I have this blog starter because I was seriously about to post an exhaustive list of everything I'd done today. Whew! Stale. Yes indeed, it certainly is good to have this starter... Mm-hmm. It's still fluffing, though. Maybe something new tomorrow.

Here, you want some blog starter? How do you get your writing started?

* * * *

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:15 PM , Blogger Tracy said...

sometimes, I post a photo first, and just look at it, then write.

 
At 7:15 AM , Blogger Suz said...

I will read other blogs ... I usually read through my bloglines and then start writing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home