Monday, November 06, 2006

Naming Concepts

Lisa V’s Question: How did you decide on your blog's name...?

Whither Thou Creative Spirit?

When I first set up this blog, I didn’t want to pigeon hole myself into any one topic, although rants on certain topics do come up with regularity. Also, I couldn’t decide at the time WHAT I wanted the blog to focus on. I figured I would create its identity as I went. Or it would. I would start somewhere and let it happen. Well, how very appropriate: a free-form creative endeavor… Which leads me to my next point…

One thing that is constant is the concept of the creative energy running through everything, so close it’s within us. It connects everything. We can empower ourselves to tap into that energy and create something new every moment. Less this sound overly New-Age-y, let me say this is not so much a religious idea as a concept of fundamental principle of existence, intrinsic to the nature of everything. Some people might call that god. I do not choose to name it with a name with so much existential baggage. It’s independent of any denominational characterization.

So therefore: Creative Spirit. And Thou. And Whither because I remind myself it’s right here, and the phrasing feels appropriately reverential and poetic with a touch of whimsy. And Just Because.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home