Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Ice cream touching

Dooce recently wrote about Leta's reaction to being offered ice cream *with* M&Ms on top. It was not what many of us would expect.

Dooce concludes:
"I don’t remember how long it took us to calm her down, to assure her than an M&M would never touch her ice cream, but she didn’t stop panicking until I promised her, gave her my solemn word that under no circumstances would I EVER again suggest something so magnificent."

http://www.dooce.com/archives/daily/09_24_2007.html


M&Ms touching the ice cream? Oh the horror!  Kee hee!  I predict that someday Leta will grow out of this with a vengeance.  :)  Then it will be all toppings smushed into the ice cream all the time... 

Reminds me of when we were little, adding more and more homemade chocolate syrup to vanilla ice cream and spending more time mixing it vigorously, watching the pretty chocolate swirls (and the ice cream gradually turn color) as it melted together, than actually eating it.  I'm sure we thoroughly exasperated my mother, letting it melt so we could mix it before we ate it!  

My mother, though, also introduced me to the concept of planned indulgence.  Whenever she made chocolate syrup, we'd start with a bowl of ice cream, sliced bananas and syrup. Inevitably, we'd be left with "too much" ice cream or syrup left in the bowl, and the only thing to do was to say "oh no!" and even it out to start another round. ... Whereupon, no doubt, there would be "too much" of the other. "Oh no!" lol    This could go on for sometime until we were stuffed...   It probably goes without saying that my mother introduced me to obsessive eating of chocolate as well. 

Oy. I might have to blog about this (she said to herself). :) So here it is.

* * * * *

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home