Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Random Things of Desperation

* * * *
My students were really silly tonight, loose and happy. Must be something in the water, and now it's made me wired, too.

O-kay! A meme! Yea! Saving me from drooling over belly button lint for today's post...

When I started shrieking over finding this post-saving idea from AmFam, M said, "This is a NaBloPoMo thing, isn't it." Actually, I'm highly entertained that he pronounced NaBloPoMo correctly. Rhymes internally with Mos Def. NoMoFo, yo.
Anyhoo.

* * * *

Four, I mean Eight, Random Things About MeĀ  (or Thanks, AmFam!)

1. Ummm... Oh yeah. I've started to lose my short term memory. Half the time, I forget what I am saying in the middle of a thought. Sometimes because I get distracted by another thought. Sometimes I just wander off. Usually that's when I have a lot of competing thoughts, not all the time. Other times it's the name of things. It is, of course, the usual sign of aging that anyone older than myself will roll their eyes over. Except one friend who started demanding why my doctors hadn't told me anout memory techniques. Uh, 'cause they think it's an age thing, too?

2. I am very visually oriented, but my visual memory is poor for some things, like for how word are spelled. Big vocabulary, bad spelling. Can't type worth a darn either.

3. I can remember random snippets of languages I have learned years ago.
"Ni hau ma? Wa hen hau!" Learned from a friend in college when she was taking Mandarin to get on better with her Chinese boyfriend. He was from Taiwan, so the Mandarin was diff, but oh well.
"sooramus" means ring in Finnish, and
"huk@p@ hethew@the" means something very, very bad in Singhalese. How edifying.

4. I like collecting heart shaped objects. Maybe you've already heard that. I'm not as obsessive about it as I used to be.

5. I always resented the kids who were tracked into a more creative and welcoming classroom environment than I was. My thought is, it's those of us who are not living up to their potential who *need* that extra touch. But noooo.

6. i dont work well undr pressure, but ti concetrates the mind beautifully. (4 minues and counting) (see: typing)

7. I used to know all about cotton rag papers.

8. And.......... I name my cats as much for the sound of their names as for the meaning. Or a little of both.


* * * *

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 6:52 AM , Blogger Suz said...

You know, I saw a heart-shaped cut diamond once and thought that it was a really sad thing to do to a diamond. Other heart-shaped things, though, are fine! You should post pictures of your collection. I'm curious.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home