Sunday, January 14, 2007

Docs and Sightings

The St@te Dept has had our packet of documents since Jan 3rd. Result? Nada! This concerns me a little.
The Chinese Embassies have had our birth certificates for authentication since last Monday. Result? So far, one package was attempted to be delivered yesterday morning. So I have hope.

* * * * *

In other news: if you happen to see a small Asian child who is apparently adopted, do not, I repeat, do NOT attempt to draw my attention to their presence by pointing, squealing,"Oh, look!!!!!!!!!!!" and looking at me meaningfully.

Yes, I can spot an Asian child at 50 paces. Yes, I do see adopted Asian (and other) children in my community fairly frequently. No, I do not need to talk to/gawk at said child or their parents; they are not a side show. No, I do not need my other aquaintances to wonder why I should be excited at the mere sight of an adopted Asian child. When I see my own child for the first time, yes, THEN I will be excited. So please do not jump up and down and wiggle your eyebrows at me meaningfully; I'm sorry but other people's adopted Asian children are just not that novel. So please restrain yourself, and you can preserve *everybody's* sense of privacy and decorum.

This has been a public service anouncement by way of illustration.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 1:27 PM , Blogger Mer (Lulu's Mommy) said...

I totally understand your not wanting people to point out other adopted asian children. why not just point out adopted children - or even just children? :)

I won't be excited until my child is in my hands.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home