Monday, January 15, 2007

Star Signatures

Surprisingly enough, the big packet of documents coming from the St@te Department arrived this morning via F3dEx! Despite the federal holiday. I was especially surprised (yet pleased) because I had been looking up the tracking number every couple days and had seen no movement on it yet.

I was also very surprised to look down the first page and see the name C0nd0leeza Rice on the authentication statement. Doh! :) How could I forget. Yeah, she is our Secretray of St@te. So there it was: her scrawl on every authentication page. I am somehow amazed.

I had several thoughts in quick succession:
Wow, Condi touched all of our documents! (or at least the authentication pages)
Then: How do I feel about THAT, since I am not a fan. Ew, mixed thoughts. (several thoughts deleted)
Then: EEEeeeeeeee! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Finally: No wonder the packet took so long; she's been so darn busy selling the recent um, change, in troops numbers.

My husband joked, "So do you think the next time we need to send documents, we should look at her schedule?" Yeah, maybe we should get the next ones in before she leaves for the Mid-East later this week... We think that probably everytime she comes back into Washington, her secretaries have stacks and stacks of documents lined up and waiting for her to scrawl several hundred signatures at a time. Do you think she blocks out an hour a day just to sign documents? How else would you ever get it all done?

In any case, I am very happy to have that batch in hand after hearing *nada* for so long.

Even better, the final homestudy report has been tweaked and should be in our hands within the next couple days. So the paperwork seems to be coming together again after "resting" the last couple weeks. We still need to re-notorize a corrected document, blah, blah, blah. But that is small potatoes considering the larger picture of getting the dossier ready.

I'm feeling upbeat about finishing it in good time yet again. Do I hear the end of January, early February, can I get a January? Yesss! We have The End of January for the young lady in back! There are other important things happening, but I am focused on this.

* * * * * *

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home