Sunday, November 25, 2007

7 Random Things Meme

I was tagged by Tracy at A Map of my Life So Far


So here are the rules.
1. Write your meme, then link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
So people can know whether to thank you or curse you.
2. Share 7 random and/or weird things about yourself.
You know the weird random stuff, that you think could make for a interesting blog post, but you were shy to tell about.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
and do this step wisely,You know who is game to play and who isn't.


* * * *
So here it is:
7 random and/or weird things about myself


1. I don't own a TV. It's just not part of our lives and we like it that way. We do enjoy watching certain things while traveling.

2. I learned to like coffee by eating coffee-flavored chocolate in Germany.

3. I was a baton twirler in my youth. Don't laugh, now! My troupe went to South Bend every Summer for the big national tournaments. 'Twas a lot of work and a lot of fun. Especially since we had routines to things like "Love Machine" and "American Woman" and even "Pinball Wizard." Ah, the '70s.

4. My second toes are double jointed. I inherited this from my mother.

5. Having a china cabinet feels like the height of domestic bliss and coziness to me. It's like it *makes* the household.

6. I have a fondness for quirky humor, so it's probably not a surprise that I am a big fan of certain quirky online comic strips. It's the art, it's the characters, it's the dialogue, it's the snark, it's the sly and subversive humor.

My current must-reads are:

PVP by Scott "damn it, Brent!" Kurtz

scary-go-round by John "looks, brains and everything" Allison, and

diesel sweeties by R. "why do I even bother asking you rhetorical questions" Stevens
Now with a print series as well: diesel sweeties - print edition


7. I don't do deadlines well. Partly it's that I can be really absent minded. But mostly, it's that I am too easily distracted to figure out things like web stuff without screaming in frustration, literally. I call my husband tech & emotional support because he can do things for me when I have run out of patience, thank god. It thrills me no end when I can actually get something to work. Like for instance, look! There are linkies in this post! And a block quote thingie! (wheee!) It only took me about 6, I mean 7, edits, but hey, it's an improvement. Okay, make that 8. OMG look at those linkies! Is that cool or what? Um, what was the question again?

* * * *
I will have to add other links to tagged blogs later 'cause I am a little behind with so many other things, this will just have to go on the pile.

* * * *

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home