Monday, November 19, 2007

Assume this

* * * *
At a party potluck last weekend, a good acquaintance hugged me hello, then asked me what was new, while continuing to hold his hand on my belly. I raised my eyebrow, moved away, and said "not that much."

What the fuckity fuck? Yes, I am looking a little heavier these days. I don't appreciate the reminder. Yes, no doubt those other "friends" (the ones who do not understand the word 'confidential') are gleefully gossiping excitedly amongst themselves that now that we are adopting, we are *sure* to get pregnant any week now! Oh, glee!!

Of all the insensitivity. It pisses me off to have people speculating about our lives as if it were on tv. If they are looking for excitement, I am not giving them any fucking thing. I look forward to responding to the inevitable "are you pregnant?" with my standard "no, I'm just fat." Embarrass them into the ground. It's a good defense against nosiness.

* * * *
But all things considered, this is a minor annoyance. We have pie to make, and packing to start and finish, and miles to drive to see nieces and nephews. It'll be fun. It's hard to ruin my mood, so don't even try, people.

* * * *

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home