Thursday, November 22, 2007

...and not use all the parts of the buffallo...

* * * *
Happy happy Thanksgiving to you all. May you be enjoying good food (pie!) and the fellowship of family and friends. I've been thinking of those of you (some of you my own relatives) who have been facing this holiday as the first Thanksgiving without a loved one. And wishing you comfort. And pie, of course. At least there's pie.


I am thankful for relatives within traveling distance, and that we can still share the details of our lives in a meaningful way.

I'm thankful that we are relatively healthy and mostly aging well.

I'm thankful for my nieces and nephews--giving me the opportunity to hold a special place in their lives and to pass on my hard-won wisdom and family goofiness.

I'm thankful for my SIL and that we have become friends over the years, trusting each other with sensitive details of our lives.

I'm thankful for games in which we get so silly that we all start laughing helplessly until we are gasping and crying--and that such moments come especially for those who could use the rare occasion to laugh these days.

I'm thankful for meals in which so many contribute--the people who grow and harvest the food, the earth that supports us all, the people who bought and prepared and cooked, arranged the food, and brought it to the table for us all to savor.

I'm thankful for the Internet which keeps me closer to friends and family despite physical distance.

I'm thankful for my husband, a most intelligent and compassionate and loving person.

I'm thankful that I can see and hear and touch and taste and sense the world.

I'm thankful I decided to blog more to stretch myself and connect more with other bloggers.

I'm thankful for my Flickr peeps and my blogger contacts.

I'm thankful for my real life friends who make a huge heart of a community. I just love that...

I'm so grateful I have my fingers and voice and body and face with which to express myself.

I have my home (when so many do not).
I have my love (when so many are lonely).
I have good food (when so many are hungry).
I have my family (when so many are estranged).
I live in peace (when so many live in war--some of it our fault, eh?).
I live in the US with all its greatness and flaws, short-comings and ideals.
I am alive (when so many are no more).

I might have left some out...

I am alive. I think that about covers it. :)

* * * *
On a lighter note, I bring you...a Thanksgiving comic from the PVP online comic:

A PVP Thanksgiving

* * * *

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home