Thursday, January 17, 2008

Number Crunching, yadda, yadda

Another round of referrals. What month is it again? Honestly, I have not been keeping track. Any and all mushy speculation and what-ifs make my brain (and heart) go numb, but numbers seem solid enough to be worth my while.   So I did take notice when another RQ survey + number crunching analysis went up. 

Our LID is March of 2007.   So looking at the chart of best-to-mid-to-worst case scenario, I can see some trends.  Absolute best case scenario? You mean the highly-unlikely one? *snort*

If 15 days of LIDs are assigned per month from here on out, that would give us Aug of 2010, which would be a wait of 41 months or 3.42 years. 

If 12 days assigned, that would give us March of 2011, which would be a wait of 48 months or an even 4 years. 

If 9 days assigned, that would give us January of 2012, which would be a wait of 59 months or 4.9 years. 

7 or 5 days? Honey, we are not even on the chart!  So worst case? Well, hell, how much aggravation do you want?  Worse case scenario is that we are charting the deep unknown.  



To those who are aggravated with RQ for one reason or another (and there certainly are a number of reasons), I ultimately say phooey!  If it were not for RQ, I would still be thinking I'd have less than a year to get ready to go to China.  Informed speculation; it's something. 

And sometimes even that is too much information. I asked M the other day if he wanted to hear about the latest numbers. "No. Not really..."   Who wants to hear bad news all the time?  It's bad enough having to keep up with our freakin' paperwork.  What's that you say? Another thou this year to keep our place in line? We do what we have to do. 

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 4:20 PM , Blogger Tracy said...

sounds like a long haul for you. please hang in and don't let those damn numbers defeat you

 
At 7:01 PM , Blogger Suz said...

2010?? I so admire you. I couldn't do it.

 
At 9:04 PM , Blogger Marie said...

Hi Tracy. Thanks, I'll try. Wasn't it Churchill or somebody who said, "When you're going through hell, keep going." ? Well, I'm grimly keep moving forward (and sometimes laughing at myself). Grr, grr. :)

And also, Suz, since we were trying to have kids since about 6 years years ago, it's been even longer than that... We keep going, because we don't have a choice in wanting kid(s). The time frame is just not in our control, and it'll make me nuts if I think about the total time spent in pursuit and waiting, so... just following the next step (waiting). See Churchill quote above. But thanks. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home